Coverage of Rita from Two Houston Apartments

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

3 days out

It's Wednesday and already the stores are running out of supplies. I managed to find a privately owned one near my apartment complex. They were sold out of water and the people inside seemed agitated. I decided to grab a good amount of Gatorade and other healthy-enough drinks to keep my apartment stocked in case the worst happened.

Down the street a Walgreens still had a decent amount of food inside. As I was there, at least three women entered the store asking for flashlights. Of course, they were sold out of those. I did manage to pick up a few gallons of water.

Classes were still in session today, so I parked nearby and went. Rice's President's house, that of Dr. Leebron, is right next to the street near Brown College.

A team of contractors was there, methodically boarding up every single window of the building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home