Coverage of Rita from Two Houston Apartments

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I've just gotten word that Rice University has cancelled classes this Thursday and Friday, and most campus events have been cancelled through Monday. Rice is advising that off-campus students (like me) come on campus and stay there. Presumably they'll have food and water and other things.

A friend asked me, what are we supposed to do until it hits? Just stay home tomorrow and freak out?

I, for one, plan to be barracading my windows the best I can. Unfortunately for the windows, my apartment is on the second floor which means covering them with plywood is going to be impossible. I guess we'll try to secure them with trash bags and tape the best we can.

I'm not too concerned about dying from this disaster, but I definitely think my apartment could be wrecked. Argh.

It must be really bad for the Katrina refugees, too. They just went through all hell to relocate to Houston, and now there's a hurricane coming here, too. Oh the irony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home