Coverage of Rita from Two Houston Apartments

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm hungry :-(

Campusfood.com is a popular website that lists restaurants that deliver to various college campuses around the nation. As of now, every restaurant listed for Rice is closed.



I called Jason's Deli, a popular sandwich shop, in hopes that the website is wrong. No answer. I also called Shiva Indian Restaurant, probably my favorite restaurant in the city... straight to voicemail. Mai's Vietnamese Restaurant, the only restaurant I know of that's open until around 4:00 AM every night, also seems to be closed.

I guess I have to roam the city in search of food. I never planned to start cooking for myself this early out. It's still over a full day before the hurricane's landfall is expected.

[Edit: 8:20 PM] I've heard reports that the Kroeger on Montrose is open. Anyone needing food should probably head there and buy something frozen. Fat chance they'll still have anything left, though. Argh.

[Edit: 8:27 PM] I've also heard that the Rice serveries are going to continue to serve food like planned. Apparently they're also prepared to give out army-style "ready made meals" or whatever they're called if the storm gets bad enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home