Coverage of Rita from Two Houston Apartments

Friday, September 23, 2005

Insanity

Maybe I shouldn't say the things I'm about to say because the storm hasn't passed yet, and maybe I do end up getting hurt or killed, but I just don't expect that, so here I go:

I just don't understand all these people. Why are they fleeing even if they're not in a mandatory evacuation zone? The mayor of Houston finally told people who live outside of mandatory evacuation zones to stay at home and not leave. He should have done that all along. Now there are millions of people out clogging the roads who had no reason to leave except for their anxiety disorder.

Why did they leave? Probably because they felt uncomfortable here. Most likely because they didn't want to lose power or internet access for a few days, because they didn't want to sit in their homes without air conditioning. For that latter reason, many of them kept their cars running while they were sitting in the traffic jams. Interstate 45 towards Dallas was backed up for 100 miles today. Now, about 12 hours before we'll start to feel the effects of Rita, it is still backed up for 90 miles. According to some reports, it took some people 15 hours to move 20 miles. Thousands of motorists have run out of fuel now (yes, morons, an engine needs gas even if you have it in idle). I'm really worried that not everyone who's still on the road will be able to get to a safe shelter before Rita gets here. Unfortunately, I'm convinced that we're gonna get another lesson about how bad panic is.

The force of nature is awesome, but it takes people to really fuck themselves in the ass.

3 Comments:

  • Hey Mathias,

    I already said everything important via email, so here are just my best wishes to all of you from Germany.

    Good luck ... it'll be ok, I'm sure.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 AM  

  • I hope all you fuckers die!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 AM  

  • hey mathias,
    please stay alive.. :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home