Coverage of Rita from Two Houston Apartments

Friday, September 23, 2005

Everything Packed Up

Right now I'm lounging in my bed. I've even considering going to sleep again for a little while. I didn't sleep very much during the night, there were just too many things going through my mind... need to pack the raingear... need to put the books and computers away... have to take my passport... should find out what my renter's insurance covers... I woke up every five minutes.

Now everything I can do is done. I have moved all my books into my closet and wrapped them in plastic bags. My computers are all in the closet, also in plastic bags. I've put a chair in. This is going to be my hurricane shelter. I'm pretty sure I'll be safe. Rita has weakened to a category 3 storm, and it's predicted to make landfall right along the Texas-Louisiana border.

I already feel incredibly relieved. I'm happy that most likely I'll get spared this time. I hope this isn't premature, and it still makes me wonder what would happen if a category 5 hit Houston dead-on. Not a pretty thought.

In a little while, I'll go outside to take a few "before" pictures. If the storm actually changes the landscape, they might be interesting later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home