Coverage of Rita from Two Houston Apartments

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Invigorating

I just came back from a 15-minute walk through the storm. After Justin told me he biked through it to get pizza, I decided I had to experience the storm first-hand too. It's not raining a lot, and there's almost no flooding. Maybe an inch of rain.

The wind is pretty strong. I know for a fact that I wouldn't want to be biking now. I'd be too scared that the gusts would push me over. For a walk by foot, the weather was very nice, though. It just felt very invigorating. Quite often I had to lean forward against the wind to walk, and the wires of the power lines were humming quite a bit. A tree had fallen over in the parking lot of my apartment complex, and there were a lot of bigger and smaller tree branches lying about.

I saw three cars during the entire time. One was a police car. I guess I misunderstood the curfew thing: It seems like it's just in the mandatory evacuation zones. The wind chimes were still there.

Update

No, I just heard again that there is a curfew in place from dusk till dawn even where I live. So I guess both Justin and I have been curfew breakers. I'm glad the police car didn't stop, even though it's amusing to entertain the thought of getting arrested for walking around tonight ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home