Coverage of Rita from Two Houston Apartments

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Power outage about to happen?

Ok, I just posted the last few lines of text because my light has been flickering here. I was afraid I might lose power after all. My router and WiFi are backed up by a UPS for about 40 minutes, and I'm typing this on a notebook, but I figured if power lines are being toppled over, phone lines probably aren't faring any better.

Where was I? Right, flying debris. When I strolled around the apartment complex this afternoon, I noticed that some of my idiot neighbors had left their wind chimes hanging out on their balconies. Great. Are they still gonna be as charming when they fly into someone's face? For a brief moment I thought about taking one. Hey, it's not my fault that the storm made them disappear from your place and reappear at my place, right?

Anyway, if they left wind chimes out, they probably also left other things out there, like flower pots, beer bottles, and ash trays, turning their balconies into neat missile sites during this hurricane. Thanks. I feel better now in a room without a window, even though it's a little bit cramped in here.

The storm is going to make landfall within the hour, it seems. Rita, you haven't hit us. Please be gentle whoever you are hitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home