Coverage of Rita from Two Houston Apartments

Sunday, September 25, 2005

(Not Too Exciting) Pictures

Ok, as promised, I've uploaded the pictures I've taken before, during, and after hurricane Rita.

Here are a bunch of pictures from Friday afternoon:

This is a view down the stairs to my apartment. I anticipated a lot of debris around here.

My balcony and living room window (and the satellite dish the previous tenant forgot). The window is covered with cardboard on the inside.
The top window is my bedroom window. I covered this window with cardboard too.
This is a view down the path between the apartment buildings towards the parking lot. My apartment is the upstairs apartment to the right.
Here's the parking lot. Usually, there are a lot more cars parked here.

This is Kirby Drive, right around the time the afternoon rush hour usually happens.

Braes Bayou. Not too much water. I've seen the bayou overflow on several occasions. It might happen again.

Right around the time the eye of the storm hit, I took a walk. The pictures are dark and grainy, but what the heck.

I was right about the debris around my staircase.


There are branches sticking out from my balcony.


A pretty big branch is blocking my way to the parking lot.


I know it's hard to see, but there's a tree here that has fallen over.


I didn't take any more pictures during the storm, there just wasn't more to show. Here are a few pictures taken after the storm:

I taped a layer of cardboard to my windows and covered it with trashbags. Not nearly as sturdy as plywood and also on the inside of my windows, but I'm confident it would have kept the rain out had a small object shattered a window.

Leaves and twigs outside my apartment door.

Here are daylight pictures of the tree that had fallen over.

There were more tree branches lying about. The first one probably could have damaged a car had one parked there.
And that's all, folks. Nothing more to show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home